Monday, October 25, 2010

More stories

The majority of ZOMBIES AND PIZZA (TM) was filmed in 4 days. Technically there was a fifth day, but that shoot only took about 20 minutes, so I don't usually mention it, but I'll write about this 5th day of filming in a minute :)

On the 4th day of filming I was booked to film some extra zombie shots around Spring City. Me and all the actors playing zombies met-up at Pulse Beauty Academy for them to get their make-up applied by the volunteer make-up artists at Pulse. Each zombie took about 30 minutes to create. I took a bunch of photos and shot some video clips while the zombies were being created. One of the key actors in ZOMBIES AND PIZZA (TM), Stephanie Nielsen, actually played one of the zombies, too! We figured that we could get away with having her play two "characters" if she wore a wig that I've had for a few years, which I originally purchased for me to wear at a musical performance that I did with my buddy Mike Schramm. Anyway, if you notice a zombie with a big black afro wig it's really Stef! She also played Ginnie!

Anyway, I led a caravan of cars towards Spring City after all the make-up was applied. We were going to get a few video clips of the zombies walking near an old run-down warehouse in Downingtown (it's on 322 on the way to Spring City), but that whole situation was an epic let-down... lol! I got scared off by a police car that pulled up and parked just up the road from my car so I decided not to film there, since this was supposed to be a guerilla shoot! So, I didn't get those shots by the warehouse :( After that, the rest of the shoot went pretty good, though.

We found a really good close-up view of the Lymeric (nuclear power plant), and I got some neat video clips over there, plus I took a neat batch of still photos. I did get annoyed at myself, because my Kodak ran out of juice while shooting the stills, because I had forgotten to charge my camera the night before :( But, I did like all the photos I took there, and in my mind, these photos are some of my best photos ever. In fact I would love to go back to that spot and get some more photos of zombies sometime... it was fun!

After we were through at the nuclear power plant, we drove to Spring City and I shot some video clips there, too. All in all, I think the whole shoot only took about 2 hours (if that).

After we were through filming we went and ate lunch at a pizzeria in Spring City. While we were at the pizzeria, there was a family with a small boy eating at a table a few tables down. This little boy got so freaked out by everyone's make-up it was ridiculous... lol! Poor kid!

Anyway, it was a fun day of filming :)

The 5th day of filming only took about 20 minutes, and it was a totally improv scene and it was my first experience acting. I'm not going to give away this scene, but it appears in the final cut of the film in the very beginning... I think you'll like it :)

Thanks for reading! I hope to see you on Friday at the movie's premier, but no worries if you can't make it... I'll be posting the movie onto You Tube sometime soon, too :)

ttys,

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment